Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lesson Learned...

This will be a quick story about how I learned what NOT to do with NEW products and a Friday night plans....

Being so so ready to try out all of my new products I ordered off of www.curlmart.com I rush home from work KNOWING I have Friday night plans! I figured I have about two hours to shower, do my hair, and get dressed and so I decided I wanted to be super sexy and NOW was the time to use my products and try something new with my hair! SMH!!! Someone should of slapped me for THAT thought! 

As I stood in the mirror on the verge of tears after having to WASH my hair THREE times because I had NO idea how to use these products I have in front of me! Lapse of Judgment on my part! I had about 45mins left before I had to be at the show, conditioner in my hair and about 5 different products on the counter...by that point I was willingly to shave my head just to be done with my hair! I had to pull myself together and do SOMETHING with my hair! Standing there staring at my reflection I finally had my epiphany...DO NOT RUSH THROUGH NEW PRODUCTS! Well DUH you would think I would know that getting a college education and all BUT obviously not! I can laugh at myself NOW all after the fact but at that moment I was a ticking time bomb ready to blow! We as people think that just because other people do things and make them seem super easy and have wonderful results we can do it too with no problems but we never stop and think about HOW they got the results! Trial and error! Had I took the time to actually figure out what products work best and HOW, I might of had a rocking hair do' at the bar feeling fresh and sexy instead of my soggy lopsided fro' feeling like a doofus...

LESSON LEARNED: When your in a rush and need a fly hair do' stick to the products you are familiar with! Two hours til showtime might NOT the best time to be trying new products and experimenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment