Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Product Review 
Stylers & Leave - Ins

CURLS Crème Brulee: Smells super and somewhat thick. I Did not like it as a stand alone product for a wash n go but it is a good product to mix with extra oil i.e avocado, jojoba or grape seed for my twist out dry/wet. It gave me shine and leaves my hair feeling really soft and smelling great.


Goddess Curls Gel: I have used this quite a few times...the first time i shingled it on wet hair and I loved it. I thought it gave my curls shine and great definition UNTIL I went back to the mirrior 20mins later and discover I had MAJOR shrinkage!!! YIKES!


Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie: Using this product for a wash and go was a NO!  It was too heavy, didn’t promote curl definition and didn’t melt well into my hair very well (stayed white for awhile.) I love the thickness for a twist out & I add a little oil to it for extra shine. The smell is wonderful!



Fructis Leave In: This is one of my favorite and most used products! I added some grape seed oil into it. I use it for my wash n go’s and twist outs! It is light enough to use daily but it gives my curls hold. It is the best thing since sliced bread in my book! If I want a more defined twist out I add a little honey to it and it gives it extra shine and a lot of hold.



Giovanni Direct Leave In: Well this is one of the FIRST products I brought to use for the KIMMAY recipe (I love her) and it was great! It left my hair really soft and the curls were nice and formed. It is light enough to use daily.



Cantu Leave In: One of my cheaper products and the love of my life! It is creamy but not too thick so it can be used for twist outs or wash n go’s! The smell is great and I doctor it up just a little with different types of oils. I can use it interchangeable with the Giovanni Direct or Curl Smoothie.



Giovanni Vitapro Fusion: Ok I am not sure why I purchased this product. I guess I just loved everything else Giovanni and the store had a buy one get one free and it was the only product I haven’t used so I was like “Might as well!!!” Bad choice I should have got some more direct leave in! This product left my hair dry and crispy and feeling like shredded wheat! I even let my mom in which is natural also and she hated it also. I don’t hate many products but I do not see myself using this again. Thank God it was free!



Shea Moisture Leave In Conditioner: Works great for wash n gos. Leaves hair super soft with hold. I may use it on a twist out soon…will keep you posted!!!


XoXo,
Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment