Sunday, January 8, 2012

Twist Outs v Wash n Go's

Hey Curlies!

Well today i was asked "So when am i going to see you rock a Wash n Go?" And my reply was...."....and what year is this??? Yea it'll be awhile" Sad but true...I have fallen victim to the wash n go horrors. The first couple months of me being a newly natural all i wore was wash n go's. I mean i would wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week trying to achieve defined curls. Buying every product everyone else and their momma said to buy..smh..all the money spent. In the end..I never really liked wash n gos but that was all I knew. My twist outs would take 3hrs because my hair was shorter so I had to do my twists really small. I was so impatient that doing a twist out was deemed pointless beyond belief but I had my wash n go's! Hooray for Wash n Go's! lol yea ok that was a bit much but that was how I felt. Ugh I was not detangling my hair so it was just matted mess and such going on in the middle. I did hear of an S word I attempted to do to get a great wash n go curl pattern..SHINGILING (Spellcheck me on that word lol) Once again something deemed pointless. Man shingling took FOREVER and my hair was shorter and thick so i didn't see myself attempting to do that in the morning...ugh so much tragedy...fairy knots all up and through...tangled hair...and sadly breakage from all of the puffs I was doing and from all of the unneeded malnipulation.



          Now on to a happier note...TWIST OUTS!!! I love love love twist outs! I Love big hair and stacked curls and my hair does just that with the good old twist out. I enjoy that my hair is stretched and already detangled and all I have to do is throw about 9 twists in nightly and I am rocking and rolling the next day. I personally prefer twist outs because when my hair is stretched out..the chances of my getting more fairy knots are slim. I am liking those odds...oh yes and yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment